Subscribe to Receive the Latest Supply Chain Design Resources
It’s an exciting month for Optilogic product updates. Our team has been busy bringing new features to the market for powerful business results for our customers. From personalized supply chain risk profiles to automated cost-to-serve and easier model building from templates, read on to learn about the new capabilities available today for Optilogic users.
You Ask and Optilogic Delivers: Fastest Response Time for New Features
We don’t like to brag, but our engineering team is the best in the business! We’re all about providing value to our customers by making feature requests a reality—lightning fast.
Here are just a few examples:
- Intelligent Greenfield analysis engine: Built in six weeks
- Sequential Optimization: Built in four weeks
- Cost-to-serve: Built in eight weeks
- Optilogic platform Resource Library: Built in five weeks
Not only is our development response fast, but we’re also building the best and fastest supply chain network design solutions on the market. Cosmic Frog network optimization runs 40% faster than competitor solutions. For 70% of greenfield analysis models, Cosmic Frog Intelligent Greenfield outperformed competitor model run times by an average of 80%.
Optilogic algorithms are tuned using the latest technology to solve supply chain problems better, so they run faster and with richer outputs. This month we’re introducing enhanced hyperscaling technology – new job boosters improve runtime and concurrency robustness and efficiency.
Getting Started with Cosmic Frog Is Even Faster
- Use “Quick Start” templates to easily populate basic data in Excel and automatically create new models
- Easily create new models based on templates from within Cosmic Frog
- All your models are now shown as cards; with one click you’re ready to go
- Resource Library user contributions: Now users can contribute their own content to the resource library for others to leverage
Cost-to-Serve Runs Automatically with Every Scenario
By conducting cost-to-serve analysis as a recurring business process, companies can gain greater visibility into the efficiency of their operations and conduct root cause analysis to identify pain points.
Now cost-to-serve runs automatically in Cosmic Frog, meaning users can understand the cost to fulfill demand and replenish facilities across the entire supply chain—on every scenario. Check out benefits of cost-to-serve analysis.
Go Beyond Financial Optimization with Sequential Optimization
Sequential optimization is a powerful optimization technique used in supply chain modeling.
It involves breaking down a multi-objective optimization problem into a series of single-objective sub-problems.
With this new feature, you’ll be able to define a series of objectives as well as a priority order and a tolerance for each. A wide range of objectives are available in a simple drop-down, such as various parts of your supply chain cost, service level measures, geographic risk, and amount of changes from a reference scenario. In addition, user-defined costs and variables can also be used as a sequential objective.
This will allow you to ask and answer questions like: “Find a network within 3% of optimal profit that minimizes its total transportation cost or mitigate its geographic risk.” Minimizing the number of changes from a given scenario (eg. current operations) is also a very exciting feature. You can optimize your cost and profit while minimizing the amount of operational changes you’ll have to make to realize those savings in the real world.
Create Personalized Risk Profiles
Every scenario in Cosmic Frog includes an OptiRisk score, calculated based on weights of different risk components. With the new personalized risk profiling feature, businesses can create customized risk profiles to emphasize risk areas that matter to their business, including climate risk, network complexity, and geography. Use these to further mitigate supply chain risk to design better supply chains and create “playbooks” for risks that cannot be mitigated.
Intelligent Greenfield Analysis Includes Risk Scores
Optilogic’s Intelligent Greenfield Analysis offers capabilities above and beyond traditional greenfield analysis tools. This month we’ve added another advantage: you now get an OptiRisk score for every scenario you run using Intelligent Greenfield technology.
In addition, you can now consider both Suppliers and Candidate Facilities in Intelligent Greenfield.
Optilogic Platform Usability Improvements
- Take advantage of full-screen toggle to easily maximize Grids, Scenarios, Maps, and Dashboards that you’re working on
- Filters set on grids are remembered and can be easily cleared
- Single table export is no longer zipped, which speeds up working with data
- Technology Filters: Now you can simply select which technology(s) you are using to only display the relevant tables, columns and maps in the UI.
- “Basic” mode only displays recommend Tables and Columns for the selected technology(s)
- Ability to export CF models/Postgres SQL databases to CSV
Create Your Free Cosmic Frog Account to try these features and more.
- Data Schema Update: With the update of Anura v2.6, users can leverage new capabilities like Cost to Serve, Risk Profiles, and Sequential Optimization. There are new tables and fields to support these capabilities in the data schema. We now automatically update your Cosmic Frog maps and analytics dashboards. If you have third-party connections such as Alteryx, PowerBI, or Tableau please update those connections to align to the latest schema: https://www.optilogic.com/help-center
- System Maintenance: To support the upgrade, we will perform system maintenance between Friday June 2 to Sunday June 4. The platform will be fully accessible during this time, but some of your Cosmic Frog models may be unavailable during the upgrade process for a short period of time as they are updated to the latest v2.6 version.