Who We Are
Our game is the Art and Science of Optimization! We’re on a mission to help people and organizations tackle complex problems and take their optimizations further using the Optilogic Optimization Studio.
Who We’re Looking For
A self-starter who’s fascinated with new technology, searches for creative approaches to solving problems, and is passionate about delivering high-value solutions to our customers. Your work will be in building microservices using APIs and Postgres and more inside the containerization world using Kubernetes in Azure.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop forward-looking capabilities of our platform using the latest technology that aims to help people, modelers, and organizations tackle complex Optimization Research problems. The position is a key member of the core product team which is pioneering the simulation, supply chain, and optimization industry.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the entire team including SQA, DevOps and periodically with Applied Research to build products with powerful impact
- Develop a solid understanding of how the system works and the overall system architecture
- Work on a team that practices pair programming
- Work as a team to uncover the best ways of working to drive lean product development
- Review and select appropriate technologies for new features as they arise
- Develop and present software designs and plans
- Present status to team members and management
- Participate in breaking down of work items, planning, roadmaps, and bug review
- Develop new software and troubleshoot sustaining issues
What You’ll Need
- Be positive and eager to tackle problems
- Be passionate and willing to try something new
- Enjoy using new technology to unlock the future
- Value team collaboration and breaking down requests
- Care about product scalability and reliability
- Find that ideal solution that balances the technical needs of the system with the strategic needs of the business
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of working experience:
- Strong experience building software with TypeScript, Node, Python, and modern client-side frameworks
- Experience with Containerization and Kubernetes technologies preferred
- Experience with Cloud technologies like Azure (preferred), AWS, or Google
- Experience designing, crafting and building API
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Postgres)
- Ability to resolve sophisticated issues around application performance, reliability, scalability, security, and data integrity
- Experience working through different ideas, breaking down requirements for delivering software frequently
- Good communication skills, ability to partner and a strong collaborator
At Optilogic we believe that optimization is not just a science, it's an art too. You don’t just need a solver that can run an optimization, you need to know what problems to optimize, and a great environment to build your models.
We all know that the right tool makes the job so much easier. Atlas is purpose-built for modelers so you can focus on the important things...building your model!
We also know that we can always do better when working together. We are committed to helping you along your optimization journey in any way that we can, whether that is working with you on your most intricate models, or lending our expertise to discover how to tackle your most complex problems.